FTRP - The Way of the Mages!
Hi there user browsing this forum. We have one small favor we wish for you to do; join the site. If you do that and can get others to join, we will be able to give all our users more events and contests and much more. With your help, we can all enjoy Rping together!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi there user browsing this forum. We have one small favor we wish for you to do; join the site. If you do that and can get others to join, we will be able to give all our users more events and contests and much more. With your help, we can all enjoy Rping together!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Vulpe Velox's Magic

2 posters

Go down

Vulpe Velox's Magic Empty Vulpe Velox's Magic

Post by Demenyx/o/ Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Primary Magic: Card Magic
Secondary Magic: TBA
Holder or Caster: Holder Magic
Description: The user of Card Magic manipulates special cards. These cards are triggered to release an effect once magic is poured into it. The effects of the cards is based off of the card used. Every card doesn't have the same abilities.
Strength: Aside from the pictures on the cards and the title, the spell is unpredictable. Allows the users to use any type of element to a limit of one spell per card. The cards themselves are water and fire proof. Great for offense, diffense, and supplementary battle tactics. Most cards are weak alone with minnor abilities however, when combined correctly hidden abilities can be created.
Weaknesses: Card Magic is more of a distance-type magic. With close-quarters the cards can be torned and or cut. As stated earlier, the cards are weak alone, for the most part. Card Magic was never intended to be used card by card but combining them together for a fancy effect. However, If one card is missing, several combo's can be loss.

Name: Wave of the Crescent Moon
Magic Cost: 10 Mana
Requirement: "Wave of the Crescent Moon" card is needed
Class: Offensive
Range: 33' (10 m)
Element: Light
Effect: An elongated crescent wave of consentrated light will be propelled from the card upon activation. This does not require the card to be thrown at the target, the technique is strictly stationary. If successful, the target will be inflicted with weak blunt damage.
Magic Circle: The circle appears on the card and has yellow crescents all over it. The over all hue of the circle is white.
CD: 3 post
Dur: 1 post

Name: Card of Itchy Gas
Requirement: "Card of Itchy Gas" is needed
Class: Offensive
Range: A semi-sphere with a radius of 16' (5 m)
Element: Toxic Gas
Effect: A highly explosive and easily shiftable current of gas will be propelled from the card upon activation. This does not require the card to be thrown at the target, the technique is strictly stationary. If successful, all of the gas will form a semi-sphere around the target; making it the center. If the gas touches skin the victum they will feels an weak itchy sensation at that location.
Magic Circle: The circle appears on the card and has purple clouds all over it. The over all hue of the circle is yellow.
Dur: 2 post

Name: Card Extention
Requirement: "Card of Extention" is needed
Class: Deffensive
Range: 7' (213.36 cm) High x 4' (121.92 cm) wide x an inch (2.54 cm) thick
Element: N/A
Effect: One of Dememaru's blank throwing cards dimentions will expand. This can be used to intercept spells of equivalent rank or weaker.
Magic Circle: The circle appears on the card and has white rectangles all over it. The over all hue of the circle is green.

Name: Magic Cardpet
Magic Cost: 5 Mana
Requirement: "Magic Cardpet" card is needed
Class: Supportive
Range: 33' (10 m) Skyward
Element: Wind
Effect: One of Dememaru's blank cards will be able to lift itself up and fly like a miniture magic carpet. If successful, the card can stay airborn able to hold material. That's all it's good for.
Magic Circle: The circle appears on the card and has white curly wind waves all over it. The over all hue of the circle is light blue.
CD: 1 post

Name: Camo Card
Magic Cost: 5 Mana
Requirement: "Camo Card" is needed
Class: Supportive
Range: 0
Element: N/A
Effect: The bottom side of one of Deme's blank cards will camoflage with it suroundings, making it a good method to cheat at card games or hide objects on the non camo side.
Magic Circle: The circle appears on the card and has brown rectangle all over it. The over all hue of the card is pink.
CD: 1 post
Dur: 3 post

Last edited by Demenyx/o/ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 7 times in total
Demenyx/o/
Demenyx/o/
D-rank
D-rank

Back to top Go down

Vulpe Velox's Magic Empty Re: Vulpe Velox's Magic

Post by Demenyx/o/ Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:33 am

Completion Bump~
Demenyx/o/
Demenyx/o/
D-rank
D-rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray-blaze Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:12 am

Greetings Demenyx/o/, I'll be taking care of your application today. So how about we cut right into it then?

Magic:

Description: This is too short. Not that we seek a long description, but this one is just exceptionally small.

Strengths: Looks fine

Weaknesses: Much too short. Please thicken it.

Spells:

Wave of the crescent moon - Approved

Card of itchy gas - Seeing as your magic is drawn out by the usage of cards, I wanted to confirm something. Do you have to throw the card at the target for the gas to go there? Does it magically appear? Or does it travel from the card itself to them? Just wanted to know.
Also, you can just place (3 post) A spell only goes into recovery once it's duration is met, so it makes the application neat. But you can keep it that way.

Card Extension - Blunt. The spell has two issues. As a defensive spell at D rank, lasting 3 post isn't acceptable. I can offer you two post.

I also want to stop a pattern I see you getting into. Relax, this isn't math class. There isn't need for all these units of measurement. Just give those that get the job done. Your intentions are appreciated though, but let's keep it easy and fun for us both, no?

Magic Cardpet - Spells with flight ability must be D rank or higher. Now if you want to "hover" or use the cardpet as a stepping stone of some sort, I can allow that. Though in the event you select a hover ability you'll need to reduce the duration.

Camo Card - I understand it can camouflage his cards, but shouldn't the range be 0 or is this a skill he can use at a distance. Please, description is your friend when creating spells.

Thank you for your time, bump when done.
Ray-blaze
Ray-blaze
D-rank
D-rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Demenyx/o/ Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Yo. /o/

Magic: It was kind of hard to lengthen the description for Card Magic since that's basically it in a nut shell. I even went to the wikia and their description was a sentence when I actually had two, but I managed to make everything at least a paragraph.

Itchy Gas Card: Everything is propelled from the card. I typed that. But I added that throwing the card isn't required.

Card Extention: Fixed.

Pattern: I'm going to keep it, I think it will help everyone. You said detail is my friend but if it gives people headaches our I have to change it, I will of course.

Magic Cardpet: I never said it was to carry me, but I guess it's obvious that's my intention. All my cards have hidden effects when combined with each other. I was hoping that if I combined this card and the Card of Extention that it will be allowed. o-0?

Camo Card: I messed up on this one. I C/P'ed everything and forgot to fix that part. But I edited it.
Demenyx/o/
Demenyx/o/
D-rank
D-rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray-blaze Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:58 am

Make itchy gas 2 post in duration please.

Please clarify that magic cardpet is strictly stationary. The word "fly" throws me off and I'd rather be certain.

And to answer you question I must know what you mean by "carry". Support your weight only? or fly?
Ray-blaze
Ray-blaze
D-rank
D-rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Demenyx/o/ Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Magic Cardpet does move around as it flies but it's an average playing card. By carrying I mean carrying small objects that a normal play card should be able to hold. An example could be a small insect or an eraser. But when used with Card Extention it can lift up a character like mine. Since the rank is based off its ability alone (not with another card effect) it should be E rank because it has no combat benefit alone.
Demenyx/o/
Demenyx/o/
D-rank
D-rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray-blaze Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Greetings again.

I'll place this spell under review now. I need to converse with my staff to meet a verdict on it. Not to say I don't understand what you want to do here, but I'm inclined to inform that while mixing some spells up for some effects to take hold, certain combinations won't work and some need specific schematics.
Ray-blaze
Ray-blaze
D-rank
D-rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Demenyx/o/ Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Okay, I'll be here. o-0

Last edited by Demenyx/o/ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot mah smiley face ._.)
Demenyx/o/
Demenyx/o/
D-rank
D-rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down